Saturday 12 April 2014

mini ATC matchbox




Hi there x
A warm welcome to my new followers x
Another quickie post from a few weeks ago - catching up.....

I created this little matchbox for an ATC swap that I join in with over on fb - 
Stampotique Originals Rubberstamp fb page - go check out the page for some wonderful inspiration and perhaps join in with one of our international ATC swaps? hosted by the wonderful Nikki Woodward, here is the link to our current swap - 'click here to peep'

The brief for the matchbox I created - if I remember rightly was something along the lines of  'Outside The Box' and of course we use the fabulous Stampotique stamps - for this little number I used floral-flutter and Daniel's Tree Topper - small.


I placed my ATC  'Outside The Box' - outside the matchbox!

I have wanted to create a mini ATC for quite sometime and thought this was the ideal opportunity.



  But of course I played with the inside of the box too! - it would have been rude of me not to x



The traditional size ATC being 3.5'' x 2.5'' upon looking for the correct size of the mini ATC's on the web though threw up different measurements...I went with 1.5'' x 2.5'' and created a matchbox to fit (tight fit drawer as I wanted it to stop open once pulled so I could extend the garden into the skyline)



The 'conical' dress was created by stamping out the dress a few times, cutting out, lightly spray with Ranger inkssential ink-refresher, gently massage this into the 'dress' till absorbed - you will end up with a lovely soft feel to your 'dress' with soft lovely movement.
I adhered layers of the  'dresses' with my hot glue gun onto a drinking straw and popped legs (a length of sturdy twine knotted at either end - feet) up the straw so they dangled below the dress hemline.
Simply adhere her head onto the neckline of the dress!




Awe just had to pop a little something on the back - this big cheesecloth bow wraps around the the sides too and when the matchbox is standing the voluminous bow can be seen peeping from all angles giving contrast to the amazingly bright montana pens - a dream to use with a paint brush - quick results and oh a fab chalky finish - I simply pooled some of the inks onto my craft mat and hey presto with paintbrush in hand was ready to go - no mess - no fuss!.....and I accented areas using the pen tip! and can you spy the ace splats too!

See you all laters - hope your having a lovely weekend - Catch-up blogging is well under-way now.

Kassa xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

From time to time i'm sorry to say that I will have to turn on comment verification - tis spam city over here at the moment - thank you for understanding xoxo