Hi there friends
here's my January 12 tags, it's and finished and ready to be linked to Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016 - January I'm set to join in the remix fun and oh boy did I have fun, totally loooooved Tim's tag so had a go with my stash and came up with this verson!
stash I used:
- tools: Tim Holtz CMS144 blueprint easter, texture fade - pattern and stitches, big shot, cutting pads, sewing machine, scissors, paper distresser
- embellishments:word bands, trimmings, distress dry glitter clear rock candy, game spinners, long fastners
- embossing powder: frosted crystal
- inks: distress embossing ink, black soot re-inker
- paint: distress paint/black soot/picket fence
- Ranger Ink gesso; black/white
- surfaces: mirrored sheets, Ranger black cardstock
- misc: white chalk, scrap of black silk black sewing cotton, gel medium adhesive matte
basically I followed Tims tute, adding a white gesso splat here and there, the trimmings I dyed with the black soot distress paint and added a little of the dry rock candy glitter (dyed with the black soot re-inker) The black gesso outlined the butterfly and coated the spinners. To add more texture I took a lightweight soft fabric: silk, and sewed to the back of the butterfly panel leaving random threads and trails of fabric to flutter like butterfly wings in a passing draught.
more piccys now: