Monday 30 May 2016

Simon Days Stamp Monday Challenge Blog Guest Art - Tim Holtz Sizzix Inspired 'beautiful beautiful sunny days' Wreath


Hi there lovely friends - oh no tis my last guest spot over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog Monday Challenge - I've had a ball this past month and would like to thank them (Simon Says Stamp) for having me over and Lols you are not only a star, you are an angel too, a beautiful friend MWAH xoxo A quick thanks to everyone who has taken time to pop over and peep at my artwork and left heartwarming words too over here on my blog,, over on my Facebook PageInstagram Page & Pinterest Page.  And my teamies this past month have been the best - they create stunning artwork each week to inspire us all and warm our hearts with their beautiful words...thanks a million sweet teamies xoxo

SO...
...to business teehee!

This weeks challenge was a no brainer for me - 'pinks' I'm a girly girl at heart the challenge being 'Monochrome'


And Tim Holtz knows how to spoil us girly girls with his lush pinks...
I got my hands on all my Distress Paints and Distress Stain Sprays in the 'pinky' tones to create custom background sheets to die cut my petals from...

I started with a squirt or three of the distress sprays and blended it over some watercolor paper.  From sheet to sheet I vary the colors, I make plenty of these backgrounds cos you can always use any spares at a later date and gets the messy bit outta the way in one go...


Now I go in with a layer or three of the Distress Paints, such fun!


My final layer is usually a little squirt from the Distress Stain Sprays, usually in contrasting warming or bright colors or the darks shading tone of the Black Soot (usually the 1 squirt though) or the beautiful softness of Picket Fence (again 1 maybe 2 squirts BUT this spray is a total MUST tis just amazing & I use it in most of my artwork!)
 TIP: I can go in and add multi-layers, alternating the paints and sprays till I get the desired look, because the colors are all so close I rarely dry the layers before adding another - sometimes I hit the jackpot after the first layers and sometimes I simply keep going till i'm happy eeeep! the process has no hard and fast rules apart from having fun is a tots must!!!

Tah Dah!!!  1 background sheet set aside to dry whilst creating more, more more eeeeep!


These are the Tim Holtz Sizzix Tattered Florals Dies I used to create my wreath with - I mix and match the various petals to create the larger flowers down through to the medium and too stinkin cute uber tiny flowers!

So that's where I'll start the tiny flowers are from the Tiny tattered FloralsThinlits Die
The small/medium flowers are from the Tattered Flower garland Die Decorative Strip Sizzlits
Medium Flowers can be created using the Mini Tattered Florals Dies Movers Shapers
The larger flowers I use the Tattered Florals Bigz Flower Alterations
Plus I used the small petal from the Jumbo Tattered Florals Bigz XL

Yum Yum Yummmmmmm!!!


I like to 'build' my Wreath as i go, you can then determine which flowers need to be created next...


I spritz the Tim Holtz Ideaology Crinkle Ribbon with various colors of the Distress Stain Sprays, checking against the flowers to see if I have a perfect color match (keeping in mind the ribbon will dry lighter though) I also like to add a tiny touch of Distress Paint, simply cos it gives the ribbon a different texture layer! Carefully dry the ribbon with your Ranger Heat Tool scrunching it up between your fingers eeeeep!


And can you spy the Tim Holtz Ideaology Occasions Small Talk Stickers and a couple or 3 coordinating pinky Sequins...I've squrted a little finishing touch of  the 'Black Soot & Picket Fence' Distress Stain Spray too!


You can see how deep these flowers really are from this angle...they are truly glorious and addictive - great to 'build' whilst watching tv...


Tip - My wreath ring is simply up-cycled grey-board card-stock from packaging - I draw round various sized dinner/tea plates to get my wreath circle!  I adhere wreath circles together for extra strength...
These really do make kool and beautiful gifts for friends and family, they always bring a smile to the recipients face :-)))
So you need to pop over to the Simon Says Stamp Blog Monday Challenge to peep at all the design teams amazing artwork, tis truly inspiring...
I can't wait to see what you all create, I loooooves that we all share our art with each-other <3
And do join in the fun - cos as always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 to spend in their web shop eeeeep!

Simon Says Stamp


17 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!!! I totally LOVE this Kassa!! I am going to get the flower dies I don't yet have and make me one of these! absolutely STUNNING!! :-)

    it has been a blast having you along with us! I love your fun spirit and it has been a pleasure getting to know you :-) THANK YOU for everything :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, this looks simply amazing! It must have taken ages... You are so clever, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning is the word I was thinking, too. I love the colors you achieved and the flowers are outstanding!



    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm going to miss seeing your amazing creations each week but will continue to follow your amazing talents like I've done for sooooo long! Thanks for joining us and giving us a weekly thrill with each and every gorgeous, amazing, stunning an jaw dropping creation. Hugs, Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wreath really is absolutely stunning Kassa - I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. an amazing fabulous very gorgeous pink creation...it's been fabulous having you join us with your wonderful creativity...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this creation! The pink flowers are so awesome! Thank you for being part of our team this month, your creations have been amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely pinks that you have turned into this gorgeous wreath, Kassa! It has been so fun having you on the team this month, I really have enjoyed your unique creative spirit!! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... this is such a gorgeous project, Kassa. Thank you so much for being on our team. You are such a talented artist and your creations are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow stunning wreath, Kassa!! Looks so professional :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wreath is amazing! Flowers are stunning, love them! Your a faboulous artist!!!! I'm always in awe when I admire your projects! It was wonderful to work with you during this month! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was such a treat to have you as a Guest Designer with us! I thoroughly enjoyed seeing everything you created and definitely felt inspired by each and every one of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your wreath is absolutely stunning! Each flower is a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! So much work went into this! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning! Those flowers are so pretty. Great color too. Loved having you as a Guest Designer! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

From time to time i'm sorry to say that I will have to turn on comment verification - tis spam city over here at the moment - thank you for understanding xoxo